The highs and lows...

Thank you to Kathryn Stickney for writing a blog article on her experience at the FCI World Championships for me.

From the moment Mark informed me that I had been selected, it was a bit of a whirlwind of preparation with team days, training sessions and planning! Whilst it is up to every individual to ensure they are ready for the event, the support team were always on hand to answer questions and guide us in the right direction. This meant that when I stepped onto the coach to travel to Spain, myself and Coco were both fit, healthy and ready for the event. 

At every stage the support team were with us.  They ensured my mental game was on form, I had my course plans, that the team warm up was effective, and that Coco was properly warmed-up.  They got us onto that line ready to go and were there to celebrate with us or forget any disappointments. Whilst my runs may not have gone to plan, the support from the whole team made such a difference in how I handled it. Having Maria (Team Physio) and Hana (Team Vet) treat Coco immediately helped her recover quickly. 

The whole team supported every single Agility Team GB run, the highs and the lows. It was an emotional rollercoaster with so much to celebrate. I could not have asked for more from Coco she was a superstar, together we have learnt so much, FCI AWC 2016 was an experience I will never forget! 


Comments

Popular Posts